Superfoods are nutrient-rich foods that are packed with more vitamins, minerals, and fiber per serving than most other foods. Make the most of every bite by including these in your diet today!
1. Blueberries – High in antioxidants, these sweet berries offer benefits to all of your cells. New research indicates that they may even play a role in keeping your memory sharp as you age.
2. Kale – Extremely dense in nutrients, this relative of Brussels sprouts and broccoli is loaded with Vitamin A, calcium, and magnesium.
3. Lemons – Lemons are a natural detoxifier for your kidneys and liver. They also aid in digestion.
4. Sweet Potatoes – High in potassium, sweet potatoes can help maintain fluid and electrolyte balance in the body, which is important for stabilizing blood pressure and regulating heart function. They’re also high in vitamins, minerals, and fiber (especially the skin).
9. Broccoli – Rich in Vitamin K, fiber, and folate, broccoli can help lower cholesterol, detoxify your body, and repair cells throughout your body.
10. Avocado – Filled with healthy fats, protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, avocados are a delicious way to eat healthy. Try avocado spread on a sandwich or diced in a salad.
Explore yoga + healthy living in Jacksonville, FL with FreshJax!