Skip to content
Bold Bayou Plant-Based Jambalya
- 1–2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
2 Beyond Meat Plant-Based Sausages, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes (400 g)
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 3 ½ tbsp FreshJax® Organic Bold Bayou Cajun Blend
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup canned or cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup canned or cooked kidney beans
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Add the oil to a skillet or large pot and when it’s hot add the veggies and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the tamari and Bold Bayou and stir. Then add the rice and the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Add the chickpeas and beans, stir and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Serve with some chopped fresh parsley on top (optional).
- Keep leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container for 5-7 days.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.