Spicy Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup
Warm up on chilly days with this hearty lentil soup! With dark green kale and bright orange veggies, it's the perfect mix of healthy food that's delicious and comforting.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, broth, or water for sauteing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced or matchstick cut
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup brown lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup dino kale, stems removed, chopped
- 1/2 tsp FreshJax Peppered Habanero seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- Warm oil, broth, or water in a large pot over medium heat. Saute garlic, onion, and carrots until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add water or broth, sweet potato, and lentils. (Yes, you should use both brown and red lentils--the red lentils add the perfect creaminess to the base of the soup, and the brown lentils add texture.)
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and add the kale. Stir to combine and let simmer until kale is wilted.
- Add Peppered Habanero, and sea salt. (If you're using water instead of broth, you may choose to add a bit more sea salt to taste).
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.