FreshJax Organic Spices Will Always Add Delicious Flavor To Any Meal. Here Are A Few Additional Ideas That May Benefit You
Your spice cabinet may be the first place you reach for when you’re preparing a meal that needs a little extra zing using the freshest spices, but did you know that spices have a variety of other uses?
From your beauty routine to helping your garden thrive, spices are hardworking ingredients both inside and outside of the kitchen.
Here are three unexpected ways that you can use spices at home in something other than your favorite recipe:
Perfect for the holidays, cinnamon ornaments are a fragrant addition to your entertaining spaces - and a really fun craft!
To make them:
1. Preheat your oven to 120 degrees F
2. Mix together 6 tbs of applesauce with 10 tbs of ground cinnamon, and 1 tsp of ground cloves. The “dough” should be claylike in texture.
3. Sprinkle a work surface with cinnamon and roll out your dough to about 1/8th inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes, Use a skewer or toothpick to make a hole for yarn or string so that they can be hung up.
4. Bake for 90 minutes.
5. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool overnight. Store in an airtight jar or begin decorating!
2. red pepper pest repellant
If you’re seeing your garden be eaten by insects, rodents, deer or groundhogs, you can protect your yield by making a red pepper spray in 3 easy steps.
1. Start by blending 2-4 tbs of hot pepper flakes with about a gallon of water.
2. Let sit for 2 days so that the pepper’s natural oils infuse the water.
3. Pour into a spray bottle and mist lightly on your plants. Just make sure to wash any yielded produce well before eating!