You Must Use FreshJax Organic Smokey Southwest Spice In Order To Make Delicious Enchiladas!
Article Author: Hillary
These Smokey Southwest enchiladas are so good! The spicy enchilada sauce is really quick to make and the whole thing bakes for just 20 minutes. Give it a try and let us know what you think. We love to see pictures of your kitchen creations (tag us @freshjax)!
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp FreshJax Smokey Southwest Grill Seasoning
- 1 tsp FreshJax Mesquite Lime Seasoned Sea Salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 10" corn or flour tortillas
- In a small bowl mix flour, Smokey Southwest, and Mesquite Lime.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and spice mixture until well combined with the oil.
- Add water and continue to cook while whisking for 5 minutes as the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add apple cider vinegar. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel, dice, and steam sweet potato until tender, about 10 minutes.
- While the sweet potato steams, heat oil in a pan and saute pepper and onion.
- Cover the bottom of a casserole dish with a thin layer of your enchilada sauce.
- Warm your tortillas in the microwave or on the stove top until they are soft.
- Layer on sweet potato, black beans, one avocado, peppers, and onions into the tortillas. Rolling them up and placing the ends down into the prepared dish.
- When the dish is full, top with the remaining enchilada sauce and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with cilantro and the remaining avocado.
Love this recipe? Want to share FreshJax with your friends? Click here to sign up for our Referral Program so you can give your friends a discount on FreshJax Products and so you can earn commission off those sales.