Start Your Morning Off With This Cajun Quiche Recipe Featuring FreshJax Organic Bold Bayou Spice.
Article Author: Hillary
This quiche recipe is one of my family's favorites! It is such a delicious and healthy way to start the day. Give it a shot and I promise you and your family will love it.
WHat is mardi gras?
1 box of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped sausage (optional)
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 cup half-and-half (try almond milk instead)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Organic Bold Bayou Cajun Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Garlic Herb Spice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 2 (mini 12 cups) muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray (I used coconut spray).
- Unfold pastry sheets and cut 12 rounds from each. Press pastry rounds into the bottom of the pan.
- Combine sausage (optional), cheese, bell pepper, and green onion in a bowl. Evenly distribute mixture into muffin cups.
- Use a small bowl to whisk together half-and-half (or almond milk), Bold Bayou Seasoning, and Garlic Herb Seasoning. Pour this mixture evenly into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until quiches have set. Let quiches cool down in pan for 2 minutes. Serve warm.
Mardi Gras History:
Recipe Inspiration: https://www.louisianacookin.com/creole-mini-quiches/